The Museum Card, which allows unlimited access to museums in Turkey for a year, has been announced for 2023. The Museum Card and the different type of ticket prices range from 60 TRY to 3.500 TRY. According to the price determined by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, the fee of the Museum Card (Muzekart), which provides unlimited access to more than 300 museums and ruins for a year.
Museum lists that can be visited in Istanbul with the Museum Card: Hagia Sophia Museum, Topkapi Palace Museum, Istanbul Archeology Museum, Fethiye Museum, Galata Mevlevihanesi Museum, Hisarlar Museum (Rumeli Fortress), Islamic Science and Technology Center Museum, Adam Mickiewicz Museum, Chora Museum, Great Palace Mosaics Museum, Turkish and the Museum of Islamic Art, the Museum of Tombs.
Museum Card types and prices
According to the official website, here are five types of museum cards that you can buy.
- Museum Pass Turkiye: With Museum Pass Turkiye, you can visit more than three hundred museums and archaeological sites that belong to Republic of Turkey Ministry of Culture and Tourism for fifteen days and enjoy your trip through time. The price of Museum Pass Turkey which is valid for fifteen days starting from your first museum and archaeological site entrance is 3.500 TL.
- MuseumPass Istanbul: In Istanbul, 13 museums under the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Culture and Tourism can be visited for 5 days with MuseumPass Istanbul. The price of MuseumPass Istanbul, which is valid for 5 days from your first visit to the museum and the archaeological sites, is 2.250 TL.
- Museum Pass Cappadocia: With Museum Pass Cappadocia, you can visit more than ten museums and archaeological sites that belong to Republic of Turkey Ministry of Culture and Tourism in Nevsehir for three days and enjoy your trip through time. The price of Museum Pass Cappadocia which is valid for three days starting from your first museum and archaeological site entrance is 1.500 TL
- Museum Pass The Mediterranean: With Museum Pass The Mediterranean, you can visit more than fifty museums and archaeological sites that belong to Republic of Turkey Ministry of Culture and Tourism in Antalya, Mersin, Adana, Denizli for seven days and enjoy your trip through time. The price of Museum Pass The Mediterranean which is valid for seven days starting from your first museum and archaeological site entrance is 2.200 TL.
- Museum Pass The Aegean: With Museum Pass The Aegean, you can visit more than sixty museums and archaeological sites that belong to Republic of Turkey Ministry of Culture and Tourism in Izmir, Aydin, Mugla, Denizli for 7 days and enjoy your trip through time. The price of Museum Pass the Aegean which is valid for seven days starting from your first museum and archaeological site entrance is 2.200 TL.
- Muzekart+: 60 TL.
In addition, the Ministry of Culture and Tourism offered combined tickets, e-tickets and museum tickets with different contents:
- Ephesus Ruins + Ephesus Museum + Yamaçevler + St. Jean Ruins Combined Ticket 1250 TL
- Combined(Efes Ruins-Efes Yamaçevler) E-Ticket 950 TL
- Hierapolis Archaeological Site + Hierapolis Museum + Laodikeia Archaeological Site Combined Ticket 850 TL
- Troy Ruins + Troy Museum And Assos Ruins Combination Ticket 850 TL
- İzmir Ephesus Archaeological Site E-Ticket 700 TL
- Pamukkale Ruins and Archeology E-Ticket 700 TL
- Galata Tower Museum E-Ticket 650 TL
- Troy Ruins and Troy Museum Combined Ticket 600 TL
- Maiden’s Tower E-Ticket i550 TL
- Combined Ticket(Bodrum Underwater Archeology-Serçe Harbor Glass Wreck Exhibition Hall) E-Ticket 500 TL
- Nevşehir Göreme Ruins E-Ticket 480 TL
- Göbeklitepe Ruins and Göbeklitepe Welcome Center Combined Ticket 480 TL
- Mugla Bodrum Museum of Underwater Archeology E-Ticket 450 TL
- Şanlıurfa Göbeklitepe Ruins E-Ticket 450 TL
- Trabzon Sumela Monastery E-Ticket i450 TL
- Saint St. Nicolas E-Ticket 390 TL
- Istanbul Turkish and Islamic Arts Museum E-Ticket 390 TL
- Combined Ticket (Side Antique Theater-Side Museum) E-Ticket i350 TL
- Izmir Bergama Acropolis Ruins E-Ticket i340 TL
- Antalya Museum E-Ticket 340 TL
- Istanbul Archeology Museum E-Ticket 340 TL
- Antalya Patara Ruins E-Ticket 340 TL
- Aksaray Ihlara Valley E-Ticket i330 TL
- Canakkale Troy Ruins E-Ticket 330 TL
- Izmir Efes Yamaçevler E-Ticket 320 TL
- Izmir Bergama Asclepion Ruins E-Ticket i300 TL
- Derinkuyu Underground City E-Ticket 300 TL
- Nevşehir Kaymaklı Underground City E-Ticket 300 TL
- Antalya Myra Ruins E-Ticket 300 TL
- Antalya Side Theater E-Ticket 300 TL
- Mersin Silifke Astim Cave E-Ticket 290 TL
- Mersin Silifke Heaven Hell Ruins E-Ticket 290 TL
- Van Akdamar Memorial Museum E-Ticket 290 TL
- Aydin Aphrodisias Museum and Ruins E-Ticket 280 TL
- Alanya Castle E-Ticket 280 TL
- Ankara Museum of Anatolian Civilizations E-Ticket 280 TL
- Denizli Laodikeia Ruins E-Ticket 280 TL
- Gaziantep Zeugma Mosaic Museum E-Ticket 280 TL
- Çanakkale Assos Ruins E-Ticket 250 TL
- Perge Ruins E-Ticket 250 TL
- Adıyaman Nemrut Ruins E-Ticket 240 TL
- Izmir Ephesus Museum E-Ticket 220 TL
- Antalya Olympos Ruins E-Ticket i220 TL
- Antalya Phaselis Ruins E-Ticket 220 TL
- Istanbul Islamic Science and Technology. Historical Museum E-Ticket 210 TL
- Kars Ani Ruins E-Ticket 180 TL
- Burdur Sagalassos Ruins E-Ticket 170 TL
- Istanbul Galata Mevlevi House Museum E-Ticket 150 TL
- Sinop Historical Prison E-Ticket 140 TL
- Izmir Agora Ruins E-Ticket 130 TL
- Aydin Didim Ruins E-Ticket 130 TL
- Nevşehir Göreme Dark Church E-Ticket 130 TL
- Izmir Cesme Museum E-Ticket 130 TL
- Milet Ruins E-Ticket 130 TL
- Mugla Marmaris Museum E-Ticket 130 TL
- Özkonak Underground City E-Ticket 130 TL
- Antalya Side Museum E-Ticket 130 TL
- Izmir St.Jean Ruins E-Ticket 130 TL
- Ankara Republic Museum E-Ticket 125 TL
- Adana Archeology Museum E-Ticket 100 TL
- Mugla Marmaris Knidos Ruins E-Ticket 100 TL
- Afyonkarahisar Museum E-Ticket 90 TL
- Diyarbakır Museum E-Ticket 70 TL
- Şanlıurfa Göbeklitepe Welcome Center E-Ticket 70 TL
Discounted or free entrance to museums
On the other hand, museums and archaeological sites affiliated with the Ministry of Culture and Tourism are free for the following groups: 18 years and under 18 years old, 65 years and older citizens of the Republic of Turkey, veterans and their families, families of martyrs, disabled people, enlisted men and soldiers subject to compulsory service, teachers, students studying in the art history and archeology departments of universities, holders of domestic and foreign press ID cards.
How to get a museum card?
Those who want to have a Museum Card can get their cards within 40 seconds by submitting their “Photo ID Card, Passport or Driver’s License” from card printing stations. In addition, by entering the requested information on Muze.gov.tr, they can purchase a card with their credit card. Internet applications are sent to the specified address by courier within 5 days after the system has approved.
There are 8 sales points in Istanbul: Istanbul Archeology Museum, Chora Museum, Topkapi Palace Museum, Hagia Irene Monument Museum, Great Palace Mosaics Museum, Turkish and Islamic Art Museum, Rumeli Fortress.