The ideal is to grind the coffee at the moment because that way we prevent it from oxidizing and losing its aroma. When we grind coffee, we expose a certain amount of that grain to oxygen and therefore part of the polyphenols, that is, antioxidants, are lost.
To all this we must add all the liturgy that surrounds the act of drinking a good coffee. But, did you know that there are already coffee makers with programmable grinders? We analyze this and other options so that you not only drink the best coffee in the morning, but also find the coffee maker that best suits your needs.
The best coffee machines
Each and every one of the coffee makers that we show you in this article are worth buying. We have carefully analyzed them and we consider that they are perfectly equipped and have all the facilities to ensure that you can enjoy a rich and nutritious coffee. Choosing one or the other will depend only on your preferences and consumption habits regarding this drink at home.
Krups Grind and Brew KM8328
With this coffee maker you can make between 10 and 15 cups of coffee, so if you drink several a day or you are part of a large family in which few are left drinking coffee, this model compensates you. You can also use it with coffee beans or ground coffee and you can choose between three intensity levels. As if that were not enough, this coffee maker is programmable, so you can give it the command to start brewing five minutes before you get to the kitchen when you wake up. This is great if you’re in a hurry or if you just like to enjoy the aroma of freshly brewed coffee. This appliance has the function of keeping coffee hot for 30 minutes. It also has a decalcification system so you won’t have to worry about cleaning it.
De’Longhi Perfetto Magnifica S
If you want to enjoy better coffee at home than in many coffee shops, you need this Philips coffee maker because it not only gives you the chance to let yourself be enveloped by the aroma of freshly ground coffee but also offers you the opportunity to enjoy an espresso with all the flavor The Series 2200 espresso maker is fully automatic. Prepare delicious coffees from freshly ground beans with ease at the perfect temperature. The classic milk frother allows you to create a smooth cappuccino or a latte with ease. The brewing system is the heart of all fully automatic coffee machines and should be cleaned regularly. The removable preparation system allows for easy deep cleaning by rinsing it under the tap.
De’Longhi Perfetto Magnifica S
Everybody knows that to make a good coffee, the temperature and the quantities are important. That is why this model heats only and exclusively the water that is going to be used to make the selected product and, in the same way, only the coffee that is going to be used is ground. You can use coffee beans or ground coffee. If you opt for the first one, you will enjoy the properties and flavor of authentic cup-by-cup coffee. In addition, since the coffee maker heats only the right water, you will not have to wait unnecessarily. For all these reasons, the specialty of this coffee maker is espresso and cappuccino because it also has a system for making milk foam that makes a difference.
Breville Barista Max
Breville’s coffee experts know that good coffee doesn’t need sweetener. In fact, there are those who have bought this coffee maker and claim to have left the sweetener or saccharin on one side. At this point it is interesting to comment that sugar is also understood as panela, brown sugar and other apparent substitutes that do not stop having the same effect on our body. The best thing is to get used to the authentic taste of food and drinks and, with this appliance, doing so seems easier. In addition, this model, with a professional appearance and functionality, whose dimensions have been adjusted to the average space available in our homes, quickly heats the water and serves the coffee at a precise temperature.
CREATE Thera Advance
The style of this coffee maker has not been the only reason why we have included it in this list. The model has eight levels of grinding adjustable according to the taste of each one, it has an Italian motor and an adjustable steamer that boils both milk, for a cafeteria foam, and water, in case at any given moment you feel like making an infusion, for example. In addition, this IKOS model stands out for its energy efficiency compared to other semi-automatic coffee machines.
Melitta Avanza F270-100
This compact coffee maker is ideal for practical people who do not have much space in their kitchen. It can make up to two coffees at once and the height of the spout can be adjusted to accommodate tall glasses as well. Its Easy Autocapuchinador milk system prepares a creamy milk foam for your favorite recipes. It has an automatic cleaning and descaling system, but best of all, the grinder is silent! There are those who like to hear the noise of the coffee maker when they wake up, but for those who are reminded by the sound that they add one more early morning to their back, this model is what they need.
Melitta Aromafresh Therm 1021-12
This coffee maker with jug, as the name of the model itself (Aromafresh) indicates, is designed to preserve the aroma of coffee for longer. It has a built-in grinder and the water tank is removable to make it more convenient to fill it when necessary. It is operated with simple buttons.
Characteristics analyzed in each of the models
- Product dimensions: if you choose a coffee maker that is too large, no matter how many features it has, depending on the size of your kitchen, it may end up being uncomfortable for you.
- Capacity: frequently refilling the water tank of our coffee maker can be somewhat tedious, therefore, although you should change the water from time to time and decalcify the machine regularly, the most comfortable thing is that it has a tank with sufficient capacity.
- Types of coffees it makes: Some of the machines we’ve reviewed make up to seven different coffees and it’s always nice, if you have a lot of guests, to be able to let them pick their favourite. However, if what you want the coffee maker for is mainly to drink your favorite coffee as many times a day as you want (although you should not exceed three cups), you may be interested in one that can make more cups at once and in one go.
- Number of coffees that you make at one time: if you are a coffee maker, you may like to have coffee always made and you do not want to waste time waiting. However, it may be that you take only one a day or that you like it with foam and freshly made. That is why it is important to know how many coffees the coffee maker makes in one go.
- Ease of care and cleaning: a crucial aspect, especially when we know that a coffee maker with a grinder requires a little more effort than an Italian coffee maker that can even be put in the dishwasher from time to time. In this case you have to be constant and that is why these things should be thought of. At the end of the selection we also leave you some tricks to clean your coffee maker and leave it as new.
- Noise: some of the coffee machines that we show you are silent and this is especially recommended for those early risers who do not want to wake up their cohabitants. If, on the other hand, you like to listen to the noise of the coffee maker in the morning and breathe in the aroma of freshly ground coffee, perhaps there is another option that can fit you better.
- Possibility of selecting various levels of grinding and availability of a frother to froth milk: this is especially interesting for espresso lovers because to make this coffee a very fine grind is required. Regarding the vaporizer, it is essential for those who enjoy a good cappuccino. Also, if you do not have a kettle, this last tool can be used to make infusions, if you usually drink them.
What to take into account when buying a coffee maker with a grinder?
There are several things that you have to take into account when getting one of these coffee machines. To begin with, we recommend that you consider the space you have available. On the other hand, if the water tank is in an accessible place depending on where you are going to place your coffee maker. Make sure that all the compartments will be able to be opened comfortably and that cleaning it will also be easy. Also think about how many coffees you are going to make throughout the day and whether or not you are going to want them all to be the same. If you get up earlier than the people who live with you or have a neighbor who is susceptible to noise in the morning, the silent model may be worth it, but if you leave in a hurry and want to have a coffee before leaving, it may be more worth it the programmable There really isn’t one machine better than another, but in this selection each one responds to some needs.
There are with arm, drip and machines with a more modern or more retro design. In general, there are as many types of coffee makers with a grinder as there are coffee makers for ground coffee. The range of options available to you is so wide that, it must be recognized, it is not easy to choose.
How to clean a coffee maker with a grinder?
There are two important things that we have to do to clean such a machine. On the one hand, cleaning the grinder, for which using bread crumbs to remove coffee remains before using soap and water may be a good idea. On the other hand, decalcify the machine if we use tap water. For this there are specific capsules for sale in the main commercial areas that can help us.